How Pennsylvania Pays For Cannabis
The number of Pennsylvania CanPay Dispensaries and retailers is growing. CanPay is a payment solution provider for cannabis and other emerging markets that are regulated by the state of Pennsylvania. We aim to offer a trustworthy and safe payment method. We have a 15-year track record of creating a unique network of customers, merchants, banks, and tech providers. As a user of the CanPay mobile app, you can buy products without any extra fees. Merchants can accept debit payments and lower the dangers and expenses of cash. Banks can offer a valid payment instrument that follows the regulations.
CanPay – The Better Way For Pennsylvania Consumers
With CanPay, you can shop at your favorite cannabis retailer with the same ease and convenience as any other store. CanPay is the leading debit payment solution for emerging industries, trusted by cannabis businesses and banks across the country. Forget about ATM or bank fees, or carrying cash – just a quick and simple debit payment when you buy.
Why Should Consumers Use CanPay?
- It’s Fee Free: no “convenience” or other fees when you make a purchase
- It’s Convenient: no pre-planning to get cash or waiting in ATM lines
- It’s Safer: no cash to lose
- It’s Secure: Cutting edge security means only you can make purchases with your account
- It’s Simple: Just generate a unique payment PIN in your CanPay app and you’re ready to make a purchase
- It’s Debit: A debit is made to your checking account in the exact amount of your purchase
Why Should Pennsylvania Retailers Use CanPay?
CanPay is the reliable and secure electronic payment solution for Pennsylvania Retailers. By working with a specialized network of banks and tech partners that understand your business needs, we can process electronic debit payments at your stores and give you all the advantages that come with it. When you accept CanPay, you’ll boost customer satisfaction and loyalty and customers will spend more than they would with cash only. By minimizing the use of cash, you’ll also create a safer environment for your customers and staff while enjoying the benefits of less cash to manage and move.
Benefits of CanPay For Retailers
- It’s Stable: all members of the payment chain know your business
- It’s Transparent: do business in your DBA name
- It’s Less Expensive: CanPay was built for sustainability at a fair cost
- It’s Familiar: Your customers won’t have to learn new processes just to pay you
- It’s Safer: your staff and customers are safer when you reduce the presence of cash
- It Increases Spending (1): customers are proven to spend more when they pay electronically
- It Increases Spending (2): your staff can upsell at the point of purchase because customers haven’t predetermined what they are going to spend
- It Increases Sales: CanPay users will seek out those stores that accept CanPay
- It’s US Based: all funds flow through USA based financial networks
Why Should Pennsylvania Financial Institutions Use CanPay?
Pennsylvania financial institutions can use CanPay as a safe debit network that enables electronic payments between consumers and retailers in highly-regulated and emerging markets, such as the State Regulated Cannabis Industry. Merchants with a compliant bank account at a CanPay approved bank can join the CanPay network and accept debit payments from their customers. The Closed-Banking Feedback Loop ensures that only cannabis retailers that work with banks that follow the Cole Memo and FinCEN Guidance can participate in the CanPay network. CanPay uses feedback from these banks to verify that only legal transactions from licensed and compliant retailers are processed through the network. If a merchant loses their bank account with the bank for any reason, they also lose access to the CanPay network. Besides this feedback from the bank, CanPay’s ODFI also has a strong compliance program based on the Cole Memo and FinCEN Guidance.
Why CanPay for Your Cannabis Banking Clients?
- It’s Transparent (1): your retailers will conduct business in their DBA name
- It’s Transparent (2): each participant in the payments chain is fully aware of the industries involved
- It’s Low Cost: CanPay is built to be both sustainable and a fair value to retailers
- It’s Legitimate: the Closed-Banking Feedback Loop ensures only retailers with a compliant bank account are allowed to participate in the payment network
- It’s Stable: CanPay is built with the needs and requirements of the industry in mind
- It’s Safer (1): Removing cash from the system is safer for our communities.
- It’s Safer (2): Removing cash from the system is safer for your clients
- It’s Safer (3): Removing cash from the system is safer for your bankers and reduces the need for retailers to visit your branches with loads of cash.
- It Saves Money: Less cash means less cash handling by your staff and/or less cash pickups for your clients
- It’s Better For Business: your retail clients will enjoy increased sales with electronic payments
Your clients can use compliant banking services through your cannabis banking program and also benefit from a legal and clear payment solution through your involvement in CanPay’s Closed-Banking Feedback Loop. Contact us today and open the CanPay network for your clients.
Pennsylvania, also known as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is a state that covers parts of the Mid-Atlantic, Northeastern, Appalachian, and Great Lakes regions of the United States. Pennsylvania shares borders with Delaware to its southeast, Maryland to its south, West Virginia to its southwest, Ohio to its west, Lake Erie and the Canadian province of Ontario to its northwest, New York to its north, and the Delaware River and New Jersey to its east. Pennsylvania ranks fifth in population among the states in the United States, with more than 13 million residents as of the 2020 United States census. The state is the 33rd-largest in area and has the ninth-highest population density of all states. The biggest metropolitan statistical area is the southeastern Delaware Valley, which encompasses and surrounds Philadelphia, the state’s biggest and the nation’s sixth-biggest city. The second-biggest metropolitan area, Greater Pittsburgh, is based in and around Pittsburgh, the state’s second-biggest city. The next five most populous cities in the state are Allentown, Reading, Erie, Scranton, and Bethlehem. The state capital is Harrisburg.
Points of Interest in Pennsylvania
- Independence Hall – Some of the most important events in United States history took place here. The Declaration of Independence was debated and ratified here on July 4, 1776, which is now celebrated as Independence Day. In 1781, the Articles of Confederation were ratified here as well.
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art – Definitely one of the very outstanding museums of the world. It houses more than a dozen masterpieces of Monet for example, some fascinating work of Picasso, and so much more that it would take weeks or months to see it all.
- Hersheypark Amusement Park – The Largest Amusement Park In Pennsylvania. Visit Central Pennsylvania to experience thrilling roller coasters, classic family rides, a water park, a zoo, and of course, chocolate.
- Gettysburg – A borough and town in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It’s known for Gettysburg National Battlefield, site of a turning point in the Civil War, now part of Gettysburg National Military Park. The park also includes the Gettysburg Museum and Visitor Center, displaying Civil War artifacts, and Gettysburg National Cemetery, where a memorial marks the site of Abraham Lincoln’s 1863 Gettysburg Address.
Where to Use the CanPay App In Pennsylvania
A current list of Pennsylvania CanPay Dispensaries and Retailers
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CanPay used for?
CanPay is the world’s first mobile debit app for use at cannabis retailers and businesses in other emerging markets. CanPay functions like the debit cards you already have in your wallet, and can be used at approved cannabis retailers.
Is it safe to use CanPay?
Is CanPay Secure? Yes, CanPay employs the latest security technology. Additionally, your Payment Code generated in the CanPay app can only be used one time and expires within 30 minutes after it is requested.
Can you put a credit card on CanPay?
CanPay can only be linked directly to your checking account.
Is there a fee with CanPay?
Merchants take payment by scanning a QR code on a customer’s phone in person, or through a website payment. CanPay charges merchants less than 2% of the transaction in what’s essentially a processing fee.
What is the daily limit for CanPay?
Yes, you are able to spend up to $500 per day with your CanPay debit account. Is CanPay a gift card? No, CanPay is a debit payment app that functions like other debit and credit cards in your wallet. A debit in the exact amount of the transaction is made to your checking account at the time of purchase.
What is the spending limit on CanPay?
The PayPal Debit Card has a daily spending limit of $3,000 USD and a daily cash ATM withdrawal limit of $400 USD. The card resets at 12:00 a.m. CST. Here’s how to check your daily limits on the PayPal website: Go to your Home page and click PayPal Debit Card under the balance.
Who owns CanPay?
CanPay, based in Littleton, Colorado, was founded by Dustin Eide.
What is purchasing power on CanPay?
With Purchasing Power, you can pay over time in interest-free installments, all at zero risk to you. Shop your favorite brands with low monthly payments that make sense for your lifestyle. No need to postpone that upgrade you need, or that TV for the new place.
Is there an app for CanPay?
Once your account is set up you can download the secure app at canpayapp.com for both Apple and Android devices.
Is there a CanPay app for iPhone?
Downloading the CanPay App – iPhone | CanPay Help Center. Easily access the CanPay app by adding it to your iPhone’s Home screen!
How do I use CanPay on my Iphone?
How do I use the CanPay App to make a purchase? After you enroll in CanPay, just login to the CanPay App (available at app.canpaydebit.com) and tap “Pay Now” to generate your first Payment Code. These codes last for 30 minutes and then expire if they go unused.
More FAQs for Consumers
More FAQs for Retailers